The Powerform model ISNSE-HC-ADJ power sensing switch acts as an automatic on or off trigger for a secondary circuit, when it sense’s a load or current draw that exceeds it’s set rating.
The High Current Adjustable (HC-ADJ) model can be used to sense loads between 2.5 amp to 15 amp AC.
It is features two adjustable, front mounted engagement pots. This allows the installer to customise the on / off engagement points between 2.5 amp to 10 Amp.
The unit is suitable for use with both inductive and resistive loads.
The unit is simply connected in series with either the active or neutral line to the load being monitored.
When a load is detected above its set engagement point, the device will automatically switch on / off an independent control circuit or device up to 240 Vac 1200Va 5 amp.
The unit can monitor one or more items provided the maximum current and power ratings are not exceeded.
The unit features auto on when the load is greater than it’s set engagement point (+/-10%), and auto off when the load is less than the set disengagement point (+/-10%).
The unit "looks like" a light circuit to a standard run-on timer, and can safely work well with most run on timer types available on the market.
This then allows you to use a run on timer in conjunction with the ISNSE module, so that you application can be auto on/off, with extra run time via the timer, to allow sufficient extraction of hot / moist air after a process stops.
It is used typically as an add-on module in laundry, bathroom, range hood and other domestic, commercial and industrial applications to enable remote switching, when a desired high current set limit is exceeded.
For example the unit can be wired into a range hood application, so that it can engage a secondary device (damper, booster fan or similar) automatically when it detects the fan within it’s set detection range (subject to fan size / type), but not engage when the range hood lights are on.
The unit can also be used to trigger a C-Bus module, or HPM icontrol I/O module for load monitoring in building management systems (BMS).
- Australian made.
- Does not require an active or neutral supply, as the unit derives its own power supply via the current flowing through it.
- Zero current draw while the unit is in standby mode.
- Can be used to turn on or off an item or circuit.
- Minimum and maximum front mounted adjustment pots fitted, to enable full customization of engagement points.
- Available in a variety of models to custom fit your application.
- Can be used in conjunction with most run on timers.
- Feature’s separate led "power on" & "output on" indicators for quick and easy reference, and diagnostics.
- Can switch independent control functions up to 1200Va 5 amp resistive or inductive loads.
- Maximum load sense range 15 amp.
- C Bus and BMS compatible.
- Full isolation between load and control ensures safety, isolation and minimisation of electrical noise.
- All units are test run prior to despatch, to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- 12 Month warranty as standard.
- RoHS compliant.
- Easy to follow detailed installation guide.
- 12 month warranty, as standard.